And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. Romans 12:2
Joy in your Attitude
In what ways would you say PMA (living life with a Positive Mental Attitude) can make a big difference in a person’s life? Explain how PMA might only take you so far apart from a personal relationship with Christ.
Read Philippians 2:6-7
- What is the most mindboggling part of Jesus (God’s Son, the Almighty Creator of the Universe) becoming human?
- What does the phrase “[Jesus] ...made himself nothing” mean?
- Why do you think we struggle with serving others?
- How does Jesus becoming a servant impact your view of submitting yourself to
- other’s and serving them?
Read Philippians 2:8
• What do you suppose the phrase “became obedient to death” mean?
Read John 3:16; Romans 5:8; I Corinthians 13:4-7
- According to Scripture, the love of God drove Jesus to die for our sins. Explain the link between love and sacrifice.
- Which facets of love in I Corinthians 13:4-7 do you need to work on in your own life (patience, anger, etc.)?
On Sunday, you saw a video of some of our people who served the poor and did evangelistic outreach in Mexico. Where are you serving others on a regular basis (in the church, community, other)? What step(s) might you take to be more servant-oriented, like Jesus?
Read The Angel Stadium Declaration (see sermon outline). Would you be willing to commit yourself to such a bold statement? Why or why not? What would have to change in your life in order for you to truly live out this declaration?